- 2/22 – Backyard farming five-week course, 21 acres, Woodinville. (425) 481-1500.
- 2/23 – Managing Disease According to Risk: The Tasmanian Experience with Dr. Kate Evans, and Blowing in the Wine: Inoculum Detection and Disease Management with Dr. Walt Mahafe, WSU Tri-Cities, Richland. (509) 372-7224.
- 2/23 – Beef Day hosted by the Washington Cattlemen’s Association, Washington State Capitol, Olympia.
- 2/24-25 – Specialty Cut Flowers Growers School, WSU Northwest Washington, Mt. Vernon. (206) 290-3154
- 2/25 – Ties to the Land succession planning workshop, Hegewald Center, Stevenson. (509) 667-5640.
- 2/25 – Dormant Pruning class, Ed’s Apples, Sultan. (425) 357-6039.
- 2/29 – Fresh Cheese Made Safely, Skagit County Community Action Agency, Mount Vernon. (360) 428-4270.
- 3/9 – Application cutoff date for Farm and Ranch Land Protection Program (FRPP) and Wetlands Reserve Program (WRP) for 2012 funding.
- 3/9-10 – WSU Livestock 100 Shortcourses, WSU Spokane County Extension, Spokane. (509) 754-2011.
- 3/15 – Final date to obtain or change all other spring seeded MPCI (excluding wheat in counties with fall and spring planted types).
- 3/22 – Wine Proteins: Yeast Contributions and Detection in Red Wine with Dr. Alan Bakalinsky, WSU Tri-Cities, Richland. (509) 372-7224.
To submit your ag-related news or events please e-mail me: Jim.Honeyford@leg.wa.gov. If you know someone who wants to receive the Ag Alert!, please have them phone my Olympia office at 1(800) 562-6000 or (360) 786-7684 and provide their e-mail and residential address. Thank you!